- We have installed 4 additional hand washing stations with antibacterial soap.
- We have installed a shoe bath to be stepped into prior to entering the barn area.
- All tack and grooming equipment is to be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- The riders lounge and other rooms with air conditioning will be extremely limited to campers.
Specific care it is important to adhere to the following social distancing guidelines
- Campers will remain in groups not to exceed ratio and capacity requirements 6 to 1. keeping 6 ft apart.
- Keeping the same camper and counselor or staff with each group.
- Extend the indoor environment to outdoors, and bring the class outside, weather permitting.
- Develop appropriate activities for smaller group activities and maintain 6-feet separation, when possible.
During Drop Off and Pick Up
- Conduct visual wellness checks, scan temperature and record of all campers upon arrival and ask health questions when concerned.
- Ask caregivers and parents to meet at the facility driveway for pick-up and drop-off of children.
- Ask parents and caregivers to wash their own hands and the hands of their children before drop off, prior to coming for pick up, and when they get home.
- Ask parents and caregivers to bring their own pens when signing children in and out.
On Monday morning during orientation we will review the following with the campers
Practice Healthy Hygiene
- Teach, model, and reinforce healthy habits and social skills.
- Explain to children why it’s not healthy to share drinks or food, particularly when sick.
- Practice frequent handwashing by counting to 20 (handwashing should last 20 seconds).
- Teach children to use tissue to wipe their nose and to cough inside their elbow.
- Model and practice handwashing before and after eating, after coughing or sneezing, after playing outside, and after using the restroom.
Meal and Snack Times
- Utilize lap trays and spread children out using place markers assigned for the week to ensure adequate spacing of camper.
- Practice proper handwashing before and after eating.
- Pack paper goods and disposable plastic utensils or lunch bags that can be sprayed with alcohol.
- Avoid family- or shared meals.
Bathroom will be locked campers will be escorted to restroom by a counselor, the counselor will sanitize the sink, seat and toilet handles before and after each campers use.
- Instruct the camper to use a tissue when using the handle to flush the toilet.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds and use paper towels to dry hands thoroughly.